Full-Stack Engineer (full-time) – Amsterdam, NL
An early stage data-science/AI/ag-tech startup looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer to join our team. Our core mission is to connect the analogue to understand everything on earth.
Our first product, Ida, is a self-learning system that uses AI technology to improve productivity in dairy farming by measuring a cow’s activity, health and eating habit. The tracker collects data and provides actionable insights to the farmer which in turn leads to healthy, happier cows and increased milk production.
We work as a flat organisation, which means that you’ll get a lot of responsibility.
The team is small but dynamic, with colleagues hailing from 5 different nations and diverse backgrounds.
A fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving. You are a team player with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work. You can write scalable cloud-based services and programmable REST interfaces – you will basically glue the different parts of the platform together!
- have an expert understanding of core full-stack web technologies such as C# /.NET – Azure / AWS / GCP / relational databases / MVC patterns / Java (opt.) – NodeJS (opt.) – Hadoop (opt.) – HBASE (opt.) – Cassandra (opt.) – Kafka (opt.)
- have a degree in Computer Science
- are experienced in Microservices, Server-less computation e.g. Lambda, and Distributed computing
- are familiar with resilient and scalable big-data pipelines
- have experience with optimising algorithms
- want to explore Streaming vs Batching paradigms
- at home with caching and synchronization
- are able to learn any of the above if you aren’t experienced with them yet!
Besides being a rockstar full-stack engineer, you have an appreciation for design and detail, as well as working knowledge of User Experience patterns. You have a deep passion for creating great User Experiences.
- Money and equity
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Fantastic office space in the centre of Amsterdam (at TQ)
- Very open and creative working environment
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks
- Occasional boat rides through the Amsterdam canals
- Catered lunches, tons of snacks and fruit
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, LinkedIn and/or Resume, Github, Stack Overflow, etc. We will get in touch with you as soon as we can.