Full-Stack Engineer (full-time) – Amsterdam, NL
The Connecterra Engineering and Tech Team is at the core of our company. We keep all systems running and build powerful housing for our AI to grow and learn. Most importantly, we are a key component in the company’s strategic development.
As our Full-Stack Engineer aka. Proverbial Glue, you will make sure that all area’s of the platform fix together and work smoothly. You are going to need to move fast, learn quickly, and build faster. The team is led by our experienced CTO and Co-founder, Saad Ansari, so you will certainly never feel bored or under-challenged!
- You have an expert understanding of core full-stack web technologies such as C# /.NET – Azure / AWS / GCP / relational databases / MVC patterns / Java (opt.) – NodeJS (opt.) – Hadoop (opt.) – HBASE (opt.) – Cassandra (opt.) – Kafka (opt.);
- Proudly own a degree in Computer Science;
- Experienced in Microservices, Server-less computation e.g. Lambda, and Distributed computing;
- Familiar with resilient and scalable big-data pipelines;
- Have experience with optimising algorithms;
- Want to explore Streaming vs Batching paradigms;
- At home with caching and synchronization;
- Are able to learn any of the above if you aren’t experienced with them yet!
Your core capabilities include:
Being a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving. You are a team player with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work. You can write scalable cloud-based services and programmable REST interfaces – you will basically glue the different parts of the platform together!
You are a rockstar full-stack engineer with an appreciation for design and detail. You have a working knowledge of User Experience patterns and a deep passion for creating great User Experiences.
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement;
- Flexible and a multitasker;
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment.
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up;
- A competitive package;
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy;
- Fantastic office space in the centre of Amsterdam (at TQ);
- Very open and creative working environment;
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks;
- Occasional boat rides through the Amsterdam canals;
- Catered lunches, tons of snacks and fruit.
There are many reasons to want to join our team, but the real “bonus” of working at Connecterra are the people, the challenge and the excitement of being part of something groundbreaking!
We are Connecterra:
An Artificial Intelligence start-up looking to rewire humankind’s relationship with nature. Our Mission is to build an artificial intelligence that will grow food sustainably to feed future generations.
We work as a flat organisation, which means that you’ll get a lot of responsibility and freedom to define your place in the company.
The team is small but dynamic, with colleagues hailing from 7 different nations and diverse backgrounds.
Great! Send us your contact information, LinkedIn and/or CV, Github, Stack Overflow, etc. as well as a letter of motivation about why you are the person for this role!Apply for this job