Hardware Engineer (full-time) – Amsterdam, NL
The Connecterra Engineering and Tech Team is at the core of our company. We keep all systems running and build powerful housing for our AI to grow and learn. Most importantly, we are a key component in the company’s strategic development.
As our Hardware Engineer aka. MacGyver of Mechanics, you will touch all area’s of hardware, as well as manage a working relationship with suppliers and field technicians. You are going to need to move fast, learn quickly, and build faster. The team is led by our experienced CTO and Co-founder, Saad Ansari, so you will certainly never feel bored or under-challenged!
- You have a Master’s in Electronics / Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science;
- Have strong development ability in Python, C, C++;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Impressive experience in performance analysis/debug techniques;
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support (medium to high volume DFT and DFM);
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.);
- Deep knowledge of operating systems, Unix;
- Solid understanding of hardware design, signal processing and embedded systems (Strong EE background in analogue and digital design);
- Experienced with computer architecture, non-x86 microarchitectures including low-level performance analysis and memory/storage systems;
- A native with wireless (LTE/WiFi/GPS) baseband system development;
- Not afraid of trial and test automation!
Your core capabilities include:
Experience with silicon architecture and design with the ability to root cause performance bottlenecks. Knowledge of basic control theory including the importance of sensor bandwidths and a design of compensation networks is important. You have had hands-on experience using circuit design programs and expertise in RF performance measurements and/or hands-on experience in RF measurement / debugging. Cellular RF experience is a plus! Successful track record of working closely with Mechanical Engineering and Firmware teams. Experience with large-scale distributed systems, networking, and related software infrastructure.
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement;
- Flexible and a multitasker;
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment.
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up;
- Money and equity;
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy;
- Fantastic office space in the centre of Amsterdam (at TQ);
- Very open and creative working environment;
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks;
- Occasional boat rides through the Amsterdam canals;
- Catered lunches, tons of snacks and fruit.
There are many reasons to want to join our team, but the real “bonus” of working at Connecterra are the people, the challenge and the excitement of being part of something ground breaking!
We are Connecterra:
A data-science/AI/ag-tech start-up looking to rewire humankind’s relationship with nature by developing an AI that will grow food sustainably and feed future generations. Our core mission is to connect the analogue to understand everything on earth.
Our first product, Ida, is a self-learning system that uses AI technology to improve productivity in dairy farming by measuring a cow’s activity, health and eating habit. The tracker collects data and provides actionable insights to the farmer which in turn leads to healthy, happier cows and increased milk production.
We work as a flat organisation, which means that you’ll get a lot of responsibility and freedom to define your place in the company.
The team is small but dynamic, with colleagues hailing from 7 different nations and diverse backgrounds.
Great! Send us your contact information, LinkedIn and/or CV, Github, Stack Overflow, etc. as well as a letter of motivation about why you are the person for this role!Apply for this job